Sunday, January 11, 2009

Richard Lindzen

My son, having spotted an online article that put the blame on water vapour, pointed me to Physics World, which has quite a bit on the topic (put 'global warming' in the search box there). The first article I spotted was from Richard Lindzen, who disputes both the rate of warming and the anthropogenic aspect of it. I see he's also an MIT chap, which gives him some gravitas.

The site seems to cater for various opinions, as the next one I saw took a totally different viewpoint. They are all from the Met office in UK. The Met has clearly taken a firm position on CAGW, so it may be that the views of their scientists' are set in stone.

It should also be mentioned that the afforementioned Richard Lindzen is on record as doing considerable consulting work for the likes of ExxonMobil.

No comments: